With over 180 million active buyers globally as of the second quarter of 2019, eBay is not yet another platform but an opportunity in fact, one that the sellers can leverage to expand their horizons. That said, a whopping active customer base doesn’t necessarily mean that the sellers can skyrocket their sales with utter ease; they do need to put in serious efforts. This is because eBay is a fiercely competitive marketplace, and your mere presence won’t attract buyers and make you stand out from peers. If you want to run a successful eBay store, you need to attract a larger number of prospects and convert a higher percentage of them into customers. Remember, simply uploading the products and making your listings live won’t do you any good. You need to know the tricks that can skyrocket your sales and profits. Let’s look at them.
1. Use high-resolution photos and make them mobile-friendly
The easiest way to enhance the effectiveness of product pages is to use high-quality pictures. Since your customers don’t interact with products physically like they do when they are in a brick-and-mortar store, it’s important that you click and upload professional photographs when creating a product listing.
Some tips for professional-grade photography
- Use an uncluttered and plain backdrop: When clicking photographs, always make sure that the focus is on the product. This can be achieved by using a white backdrop behind your products.
- Turn off the flash: To prevent light spots or unwanted shadows on your product photos, it’s suggested to turn off the flash while clicking photos and instead use diffused lighting. Unwanted shadows not only distract the attention but also make it difficult for buyers to see your products clearly.
- Use a tripod stand: Believe us, nothing looks more unprofessional than a blurry or shaky photo. A tripod camera stand will help you click high-quality photographs without any blurriness.
- Capture product photos from all angles: Keep in mind that your buyers can’t inspect the quality of products when buying online. Therefore, it’s important for you to capture the product photos from different angles, providing your customers a better idea of what they are buying. If you don’t capture the product photos from every possible angle, your customers might feel that the product has some flaws, and may not buy from you.
- Use high-resolution photos: Always ensure all your product pictures are in high resolution, so that the customers can zoom-in and take a closer look.
Besides clicking high-resolution photographs, make sure the images you upload in product listings are mobile-friendly. To get high-resolution and mobile-friendly images for eBay, it’s wise to seek help from experts by availing eBay product listing services.
2. Provide customers the information they are seeking
Another trick to optimize your product listings is to write a copy that provides potential customers with all the vital information they are seeking when planning to buy products. You can do this in 2 simple steps. First of all, you’ve to meticulously analyze the existing product description and remove any irrelevant, outdated or unhelpful information — in short, eliminate the fluff part. Next thing that you’ve to do is – replacing irrelevant data with useful information that resolves the queries or questions your customers may have when purchasing your products.
At this point, you might be wondering how would you know what exact information your potential customers are looking for? If so, listed below are the areas that you can leverage:
- eBay customers’ feedback / reviews: Carefully analyze the feedback you and your competitors are getting on the same product. This will help you get a fair idea of what products your customers are enjoying and what they aren’t . After analyzing the feedback, you can easily decide what to include or exclude in product descriptions, since now you know your customers well.
- Comb through your competitors’ product descriptions: Keeping tabs on what your competitors include in their product descriptions will give you a good idea on how to improve your eBay product listings and make them unique and customer-centric.
- eBay messages: Many times, sellers receive messages directly. If you check your eBay seller account, you’ll find customers asking information on what is confusing or unclear to them in your listings or what is missing altogether. To resolve the queries of your customers, simply create a FAQ section, but do make sure that it appears on every product listing page.
- Take a cue from other selling platforms: If a description is getting you some conversions on other marketplaces, feel free to use a similar product copy on eBay as well. It goes without saying that a word-for-word copy would defeat the very purpose; play it smart.
A thorough research will give you access to vital information that needs to be included in your product listings to meet your customers’ needs and preferences. However, incorporating the same information in hundreds of products is challenging and you may require experts who provide eBay data entry services. This way, you can not only offer your potential customers the information they are looking for but also increase your sales and profits.
3. Make your product listings mobile-friendly
Making your product listings easily viewable and accessible on mobile devices is an important factor in order to become a successful seller on eBay. According to a report by Statista, mCommerce will account for 72.9% of eCommerce sales by 2021. Not to mention, if you meet the needs of your customers on their preferred platform, they will prefer buying from you rather than someone else. Though eBay does a great job in making shopping easier for mobile customers, there are a few more things that you can do to make your product listings even more mobile-friendly. Let’s look at them:
- Don’t use colors or fonts that are hard to read on mobile devices
- Write clear and short product descriptions that are easily readable on mobile phones
- Avoid writing such HTML codes that can cause slow load time
If you can’t do the aforementioned things on your own, you may opt for eBay product listing services and get your listings optimized for mobile.
4. Incorporate SEO to your listings
As a seller on eBay, getting your product ranked higher in search results is incredibly important. The more your products appear at the top, the more are your chances of getting traffic, which eventually increases your sales and profits. The important thing to note here is that eBay’s search engine, Cassini determines where your product listing would show up for a particular keyword or phrase used by shoppers. When the keywords used in your listing match with the buyer’s search query, Cassini would consider it relevant and shows your listing at the top. Listed below are a few tricks to determine the keywords that are frequently searched by customers.
- Keyword research tools: You can leverage eBay-specific keyword tools available in the market. However, if you don’t want to buy any paid tool, you can consider using Ahrefs or Google Keyword Planner to come up with a list of targeted keywords that are frequently searched by customers.
- Conduct your own eBay search: To find out business-driven keywords, you have to perform a smart search on eBay. Explore the products that are similar or identical to yours and might be ranking at the top. Then, find out the keywords used in the corresponding listings. Make a list of all those keywords and key phrases that are common in all the product listings and get them included in your product descriptions by hiring experts from eBay data entry services providers.
5. Don’t forget to do A/B testing
To get the perfect product listing, you can conduct “A/B testing”. It is a popular method in which 2 different versions of a product page are shown to customers for a specific period of time. Then, both the versions are compared against each other to determine the best one. Likewise, you can also do the following for eBay:
- Create two variations of your product listing (A and B)
- Measure the results, and see which listing drives more number of sales
- Keep the winner and later test it against another variation
For some eBay sellers, product listing optimization is a piece of cake, while for many others, it feels like an uphill task. Either way, we suggest you hire experienced professionals from Data-Entry-India.com to stay ahead in the race. Connect with our experts by dropping an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.